Welcome to Reuben College. You have received your formal offer from Reuben College. What do you do next?
As soon as you receive your formal offer letter:
- Accept your formal offer by emailing email@example.com.
- Read the accommodation information on our website and complete the accommodation form. For those who receive your formal offer letter after 11 May 2021, the link to the form is in your formal offer letter. We will start contacting you about your provisional room allocation in June.
- Join the Reuben Offer Holders Facebook page. Joining instructions in your formal offer letter.
- If you have submitted your accommodation form, you will hear from us about your provisional room allocation. Once you have received your provisional room allocation, please complete the acceptance form and pay the £200 security deposit to secure your room allocation.
By 30 June 2021
By 31 July 2021
- Accept your accommodation offer and pay your security deposit of £200. In order to take up an offer of accommodation, you must have met the financial and academic conditions of your University Offer by 31 July 2021. Please contact the college at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to meet this deadline.
- This is usually the deadline for most departments to meet the academic conditions. Please check your Certificate of Offer. Please send the required documents to your departments, not the college. The departmental contact is in your Certificate of Offer.
- You will hear from us about your final room allocation.
Look out for resources and support provided by the university to help you settle in.
After you have met your academic and financial conditions
Your will receive your university card form from the department.
Complete and return your university card form as soon as possible. This form generates your university card and IT account. To ensure a smooth start at Oxford, please do not delay returning this form.
Once the university has received your card form, details of your university's IT account will be emailed to you. Please ensure that the email address we hold is the one you are checking regularly. If you have used your current university's email address in your application and this account will be expiring over the summer, please let us have an alternative email address.
Once you have received your university IT account details, activate your account and complete the first step of your registration online. You will need to check your personal, contact, academic and other information and confirm that you wish to be enrolled at the University of Oxford.
On arrival at Oxford, collect your university card from the academic office at college. Details on how you collect your card will be provided nearer to the time. Students who require a visa will collect their BRP card or present their BRP card at the academic office at college before collecting your university card.
Please refer to the university's registration guide.
If you are required by your visa conditions to register with the police, please remember to do so.
For those who require a student visa, your department will be in touch with you about your CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number. If you do not hear from them, please contact your department. For more information on visas, please refer to the Visa and Immigration website. They can also be contacted using at email@example.com. They are a very helpful and friendly team.
Once your student visa has been approved, you will be issued with a BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) card which you collect after you have arrived at Oxford. If you are arriving between 27 September and 5 October, you can request to collect your BRP card at college. Please refer to this leaflet for more information.
College induction will start on 4 October. Prior to arrival, offer-holders will be invited to attend some online information sessions to prepare you for your arrival at Oxford.
Please click the links below to watch these videos on our YouTube channel.
Offer Holders Session 20 May:
Pre-Arrival Session 3 August at 4pm (UK time): A link will be circulated to all offer holders.
Offer Holders Newsletters:
May 2021 / June 2021 / July 2021
Your faculty/department will have its own induction programme, which may begin before 4 October 2021. Please refer to your university Certificate of Offer to find out when you are required to arrive at Oxford.
Further arrival information and college induction programme will be provided in the summer 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact the Academic and Graduate Administrator.
New Students' webpage
Life in Oxford
University IT Services
Update on Coronavirus
Visa and Immigration
UK government site on entering England
Oxford University Students' Union
Oxford University Newcomers' Club (for students with partners and families)