Reuben College is for graduate students who are eager to explore ideas beyond the boundaries of their own disciplines and experiences, and who will thrive in a diverse, inclusive and impact-oriented environment.
Prospective students should select Reuben College as the preferred college choice on the University of Oxford application.
All applications for graduate study are processed initially by the University of Oxford, through the Graduate Admissions Office. Applicants must first have been accepted by a Department or Faculty of the University of Oxford before any college may consider them. If you are offered a place by your relevant faculty or department, you are guaranteed a college place. Your application will be considered first by the preferred college you listed on the University's application form, and may be passed to another college if they cannot admit you. If you would like to ensure that Reuben College considers your application, then please select Reuben as your preferred college.
Selection criteria for Reuben College
- Applications are considered for any of the courses listed on the University's Graduate Admissions site.
- Applications are usually considered by academic staff in the relevant subject area, and/or the Senior Tutor.
- For research students, reference will normally be given to applicants whose area of study overlaps with the academic interests of the College’s academic staff.
- The College aims to admit a certain number of graduate students each year spread across the range of subjects in which it accepts graduate students, and this will determine the number of offers which can be made to applicants. Where there are more applicants than offers which can be made, the relative academic merit and potential of the applicants may be taken into account. It may not be possible to make offers to applicants whose applications are received late in the admissions round, when places are full.
- The possession of competitively-won funding may be taken into account as an indicator of the applicant’s academic merit and potential.
- The final decision on whether to offer a place in the light of the overall competition for graduate places and the spread of those places across subject areas is usually taken by academic staff in the relevant subject area, and the Senior Tutor.
- Please note that any offer of a place will be subject to satisfactory completion of the financial declaration form that will be sent to the applicant as part of the offer of a place. Please consult Graduate Admissions guidance for more details.
- Preference may be given to current or past students of the College who meet the selection criteria described above.
For general questions on the graduate admissions cycle, please see: www.graduate.ox.ac.uk/ask.
For questions about the Reuben College selection criteria or student experience, you can contact the Graduate and Admissions Administrator.